Venue scouting in El Jadida, Morocco
In the context of a team seminar project, French company Sopra asked WATO to go location scouting in the city of El Jadida, Morocco.
One hour-drive away from Casablanca, this gem of the Moroccan coast is full of architectural treasures, which WATO was able to explore.
This location scouting included:
- Exploring the truly enormous Mazagan Beach Resort – nearly 504 hectares and as many reasons to wander around it
- The spectacular Kasbah Boulaouane, an 18th-century abandoned fortress beautifully overlooking the surrounding area
- The marvellous Portuguese cistern, half-covered in water, which looks like a Harry Potter setting
- The city walls and cannons facing out to sea
- The former sultan’s palace with its open-air courtyard: the El Andalous Palace
- Last but not least, some sort of secret palace in El Jadida’s medina: Riad Dar El Malaika.
Following budget cuts, Sopra decided to cancel their seminar that year… But we really hope to set out again for beautiful El Jadida one day.