Mount Vernon: a history seminar in Paris for a US foundation
To celebrate the finding of new historical records on the Independence War by Iris de Rode, George Washington’s Mount Vernon asked WATO to bring together their biggest donors for a history seminar in Paris in September 2019.
The seminar included:
- Discovering new historical records on France-US relations during the US Independence War in a Parisian museum
- A candlelit dinner in the Cour d’honneur of this museum, with a performance by the Garde Républicaine’s drums and brasses
- A day-conference at a private Gentlemen’s Club
- A party at the US Ambassador to France’s residence, with a concert by pianist Mattias Mimoun
- A day-conference at another private Gentlemen’s Club
- A gala dinner at a luxurious parisien factory with an opera performance
- Discovering unique records at Château de Chastellux, with a descendant of François-Jean de Chastellux’s, one of George Washington’s close counsellors
- A tour of the Moët & Chandon champagne cellars with a private tasting
Discover more about the project: the Parisian Palace, the Gentlemen’s Club day 1, the Ambassador’s residence, the Gentlemen’s Club day 2, the luxurious factory, the Château de Chastellux, Moët & Chandon.